To our patients:
We hope you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. We continue to see patients for emergency treatments. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients safe and staff sage.
Our office follows infection control recommendations set by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may have or will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You will see that our lobbies are closed, and we are asking our patients to wait in their cars or outside until the assistant/hygienist is ready to take them back.
- For everyone’s safety, according to the New Mexico regulations, we wear masks for you, so we ask that you wear a mask when you are in our office.
- Appointments will be managed to accommodate social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
When the time is right, we look forward to seeing you again. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Please feel free to call our office (575)382-2054
Thank you for being our patient or your interest visiting our website, we value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends when that time comes.
Dr. Joshua Elliss & The Rio Mimbres Team
Our office will be reopening May 18th 2020 for all dental services. We always follow very strict universal precautions to protect our patients and staff while continuing to avoid spreading any infection. We will continue these practices but also implement special patient accommodations to achieve everything possible to protect you, so you are able to maintain your dental visits. We want to assure you that your health and safety comes first. We have and will continue to monitor the appropriate sources for accurate and up-to-date information to relay onto you when needed. We are here for your questions or concerns, always. We are looking forward to seeing all of you soon!
With the recent world effort concerning COVID-19 we are doing everything we can to keep our patients, teams and communities healthy & safe. The New Mexico Dental Association has suggested that all dental offices cease routine care and see patients for emergencies. In consideration of our patients and our team, our office will be closed during this time. We will be closed tomorrow 03/24/2020, open 03/25/2020. The precautionary closing will take affect 03/26/2020, we will update you with the reopen date as soon as possible. Please stay connected to our website for COVID-19 updates concerning our practice and hours of operation.
Until we reopen offering our full services, we can refer you to locations that will be in operation for dental emergencies.
1110 W Florida St, Deming, NM 88030
Sonoma Family Dental
3340 Rinconada Blvd Ste 2A, Las Cruces, NM 88011
3015 Hillrise Dr, Las Cruces, NM 88011
You and your family’s safety and wellbeing will always be our # 1 priority. Together we will get through this. Take care of yourself and others.
For accurate information concerning COVID-19 and current updates
please visit the CDC https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
the New Mexico Department of Health
To Our Patients…
Over the past few weeks, it has become clear that our town, state and world are facing an unprecedented challenge. Like you, we are concerned and want to do what we can to help keep our patients, staff, community and our families safe and healthy.
We always follow very strict universal precautions to protect our patients and staff to avoid spreading infection. We will continue these practices but also implement special patient accommodations to achieve everything possible to protect you, so you are able to maintain your dental visits. We want to assure you that your health and safety comes first.
We have and will continue to monitor the appropriate sources for accurate and up-to-date information to relay onto you when needed. We are here for your questions or concerns, always. We want to share some extra steps of precautions we are doing, offering or suggesting for complete safety.
- Patients are welcome to wait in their car until the time of their appointment, you can communicate with the front office either by text or phone. Let us know when you arrive, and we will contact you when the team is ready to take you back for your appointment.
- We will be monitoring our teams’ health daily to ensure extra health security for everyone’s safety.
- If you are elderly and suffering with chronic illnesses such as heart disease, diabetes or lung disease, you are at higher risk and should take all the specific precautions suggested by the CDC. Stay out of the public to ensure your safety.
We recognize this is a challenging time and we remain committed to the safety of our patients, teams, and community. You are family to us, take care of yourself and others.
Please visit the CDC for more tips and current updates: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Rio Mimbres Family Dental & Oral Surgery